Evaluating data analysis
3. Evaluating data analysis
Questions to consider
Statistical tests have different requirements for minimum number of measurements, type of variable and whether a normal distribution is required.
- Can you provide a mathematical justification for your choice of statistical test?
- For qualitative techniques, have you eliminate your own subjectivity as much as you can?
Results may not turn out as you expected. Testing may show that your results are not statistically significant. This does not mean that your results are "wrong".
- Have you tested for statistical significance?
- Have you checked your figures to make sure that your calculations are correct?
- Have you ensured confidentiality and anonymity in analysing the results?